Monitoring & Safety
A large number of young children in Georgia are cared for outside their homes each day. It is important that these settings be safe, healthy, and nurturing, as well as offer quality early learning experiences to support and promote the healthy growth and development of young children.
Bright from the Start
Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (Bright From the Start or DECAL) is responsible for monitoring and licensing child care programs in the state.
Bright From the Start responsibilities include:
- Supporting licensed child care learning centers and group and family day care homes through monitoring, technical assistance and training to assure safe and healthy environments and to improve the quality of services to children.
- Providing consumer education by making early child development and education information available to parents and providers.
- Investigation complaints of child care programs.
- Investigating complaints of unlicensed child care operations.
If you would like to make a complaint concerning a child care facility, please send an email to email@example.com or call 404-657-5562.
If you have a question about a child care provider, the status of their license, or their inspection report, contact DECAL at 404-657-5562
- To view a child care provider’s Health, Safety and Quality Report
- Click here
DECAL Look Again campaign highlights the importance of vehicle safety. This campaign calls for families, child care programs, and the public to have heightened awareness this summer of the dangers of leaving children unattended in vehicles. Watch the video below to find out more.
- To contact Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning, please call 404-657-5562 or visit www.decal.ga.gov