Time: 6/22 - 9am - 4pm, 6/23 9am - 1pm
Registration Deadline: 06/14/18 – noon
Seating Available: 6
Macon State Farmer's Market
2055 Eisenhower Parkway
Macon, GA 31206
Class Description: This is for programs that want to improve the overall quality of their meals within the guidelines of CACFP. This training is for child care cooks and managers. Participants receive 10 hours of state-approved training on nutrition, meal preparation safety and physical activity. There will be onsite meal demonstrations. Your will receive:
- You must attend both days to get any credit.
- Free menu consultation with licensed dietitian
- Recipes and nutrition guide
- Ways to make affordable and healthy meals
- Ideas to stretch your ingredients and food dollars
- 10-hour on nutrition by Open Hand using Cooking Matters curriculum
- Creating Positive Mealtime Attitudes
- Safe Cooking
- Choosing Healthy Foods
- Meals that Appeal to Kids
- Menu Management on Budget
***Note: Training certificates are issued to participants 3 weeks after completion of training. The survey is to help measure any changes your program has made to its nutrition service. An online survey will be emailed three weeks after training. After participants complete survey, the certificate will be emailed to the participant.
***New participants only! – If you have participated in this training, you are not allowed to register for this again.
**** Only 1-2 participants per program
*****Hours on 6/22 are 9am - 4pm and hours on 6/23 are 9am - 1pm