Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Registration Deadline: 5/3/19 – noon
Seating Available: 120
Cost: Free - Please be considerate and cancel if you are unable to attend to allow someone else to register
Douglasville Parks & Recreation - Ike Owings Community Center
8830 Gurley Road, Hunter Memorial Park
Douglasville, GA 30134
Class Description: This is a full day Super Saturday event and you must attend all day to receive the full credit of 6 hours. Several different tracks will be offered. You will choose one of the following tracks when registering:
Track 1 - ECE Best Practices: Science, Blocks, and Art (ECE 4.3, 5.2, 5.6): The classroom environment is often referred to as the 'Third Teacher!' This 4 hour training provides an overview of best practices when arranging intentional play spaces for young children. Participants will receive guidance on selecting materials, arranging furnishings, and facilitating learning for science, blocks, art and active play spaces.
Classes include Science for Young Children: Best Practices to Support Quality Rated, If You Build It, Kids Will Come! Constructing A Solid Block Interest Center, and Art 102 - Best Practices to Support Quality Rated.
Track 2 - Supporting Young Children Who are Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (Modules 1 & 2) (ECE 1.2, 2.1, 3.2, 5.5, ADM-2): Classes include:
- Supporting Young Children Who are Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and their Families Culture: It’s In Every One of Us (Module 1): This session focuses on exploring attitudes about diversity and the impact that learning about the cultures of our children and families has on the outcomes we are able to achieve for children.
- Supporting Young Children Who are Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and their Families Culture: It’s In Every One of Us (Module 2): This session builds an understanding of the diversity of young children in Georgia and the importance of using culturally respectful and responsive practices to support each child and family.
Track 3 - FCCERS-R In-Depth (ECE-2, ECE-6, ADM-5): Classes include:
- Quality Rated: FCCERS-R In-Depth Training: Provides an in-depth exploration of the Family Child Care Environment Rating Scale-Revised (FCCERS-R) used by DECAL to assess programs participating in Quality Rated.
Track 4 - School Age (ECE 1.2, 1.3, 4.1, ADM-5): Classes include:
- Sharing Spaces in After School Programs: Sharing spaces can be challenging. Participants will learn a strategy for collaborating with others in the same environment through programmatic strategies in an interactive forum.
- Relax, Relate, and Reach - Promoting Positive Staff-Child Interactions: Participants will gain strategies regarding fostering positive staff-child interactions and how to measure their own staff-child interactions using the Environment Rating Scale.
Comments: 6 Hours of State Approved training.