Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Registration Deadline: 6/21/19 – noon
Seating Available: 125
Cost: Free - Please be considerate and cancel if you are unable to attend to allow someone else to register
Chattahoochee Technical College - Marietta Campus
980 S. Cobb Dr.
Marietta, GA 30060
Class Description: This is a full day Super Saturday event and you must attend all day to receive the full credit of 6 hours. Several different tracks will be offered. You will choose one of the following tracks when registering:
Track 1 - ECE Best Practices: Science, Blocks, Art, and Active Play (ECE 4.3, 5.2, 5.6): The classroom environment is often referred to as the 'Third Teacher'! This 6 hour training provides an overview of best practices when arranging intentional play spaces for young children. Participants will receive guidance on selecting materials, arranging furnishings, and facilitating learning for science, blocks, art and active play spaces.
Classes include Science for Young Children: Best Practices to Support Quality Rated, If You Build It, Kids Will Come! Constructing A Solid Block Interest Center, Block Basics: A Strong Foundation For Quality Block Play, Art 102 - Best Practices to Support Quality Rated, and Active Play - Best Practices to Support Quality Rated.
Track 2 - Positive Discipline and Guidance (ECE 1.3, 4.1, 5.3): Classes include:
- Challenging Behaviors: Participants will learn causes of children's disruptive behaviors and strategies to help them overcome those disruptive behaviors.
- Transitions - Chaos No More: This class stresses the importance of transitions as well as ideas for transitions to make the day run more smoothly.
- Ouch! Charlie Bit Me! Building Developmentally Appropriate Methods for Social-Emotional Competence in Young Children: Explore how early childhood educators can develop children’s positive social and emotional skills throughout a lifetime.
Track 3 - Quality Rated Portfolio 1-5 (ADM-1, ADM-2): Participants should bring their own laptops. Classes include:
- What You Need To Know about QR Portfolios Part 1: Introduction & Standard One: This training provides a broad overview of the portfolio and its place in the Quality Rated process as well as a step by step review of Standard One. It is the first in a series of 3 parts covering the entire 5 portfolio standards.
- What You Need To Know about QR Portfolios Part 2: Standards 2 & 3:This is Part 2 of a three part series about the Quality Rated Portfolio. Participants must take Part 1 first. Participants will work through Standards 2 and 3 in this training.
- Quality Rated (QR) Portfolio Standards 4,5, and Submit!: Learn about the Quality Rated (QR) portfolio criteria for standards 4 and 5. Then gain information on final before submitting the QR Portfolio.
Track 4 - Best Practices: Caring for Infants and Toddlers (ECE 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.1, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 5.5): This 6 hour training provides Infant and Toddler Caregivers with in-depth strategies to promote language development, responsive care, and healthy personal care routines.
Classes include Responsive Caregiving: Nurturing Relationships with Infants and Toddlers, Person Care Routines: Maintaining a Healthy and Clean Environment, and Relax, Relate, and Reach - Promoting Positive Staff-Child Interactions.
Track 5 - GELDS (ECE 1.1, 5.1): Classes include:
- Standard 103: Developmentally Appropriate Practices: This training examines developmentally appropriate practice (DAP) from birth to preschool. It helps teachers connect DAP to GELDS indicators and understand what DAP looks like in action.
- Standards 104: Planning Lessons Using the GELDS: This training explores intentional lesson planning and provides opportunities for teachers to practice lesson planning, connecting activities to GELDS indicators and introducing the GELDS Teacher Toolbox.
Comments: 6 Hours of State Approved training.